Teen with a Dream Logo

Welcome....

Welcome to Teen with a Dream's blog.

Our purpose is to keep you updated on the foundation news and inspire you during your own journey.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

About Teen with a Dream

Hi! I am Spencer Harrison, a 15 year old high school sophomore, in Parker, Colorado. I spent last year battling for my life after being diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma a rare form of cancer. Although the year was a traumatic one for me and for my family, I decided to use the experience to help others through the painful treatment, the financial strain, and the medical system itself.

During my chemotherapy treatment, I decided to start Teen with a Dream™, my non-profit charity, a 501(c)(3) foundation. I want to make a difference in the lives of all kids with cancer, everywhere!

I am currently raising funds and seeking direct donations to make the patient areas of the Childhood Hematology & Oncology Associates more comfortable and to create an environment that will help make an unpleasant experience as comfortable as possible. I plan to include bright, cheerful colors, comfortable furnishings, handheld games and activities, and other kid-friendly accommodations for the children during their 10-12 hours of treatment, then I plan to move on to the next cancer center. The Foundation is on its way to being able to supply some of these supports, but we still have a long way to go!


Teen with a Dream™ is currently providing chemo-day “care baskets” to children receiving treatment. These baskets are filled with activities, Sour Skittles and other snacks to help with the horrible taste chemo leaves, hats for kids losing their hair, gift cards and other little items to help these kids keep their minds off chemotherapy.

I also want to purchase P.E.T/CT scanners for rural areas so kids can get diagnosed faster and the results in person instead of over the phone.

Giving college scholarships is also a goal, missing a large portion of school jeopardizes grades and decreases kids chances for “merit” based scholarships they might otherwise have.


How can you help these kids? I am asking for donations of funds to provide these services to these children. Your financial support will go directly to kids with cancer and is entirely tax deductible. Also, because the foundation is run by a dedicated, volunteer board, there are no administrative costs!

To that end, you may be assured that every penny you give goes directly towards helping children with cancer and their families!

Sincerely,





Spencer Harrison, Founder
www.TeenwithaDream.org
Email us at: dream@teenwithadream.org